Thursday, January 15, 2009

1/13 T

On my last co-op, my main project was for Kleenex, so I became pretty well-versed on the brand.

Kleenex is definitely a brand that communicates a clear and strong message. The brand has been around for a good while, and is still a front runner in the market. Kleenex does great at having unified packages, especially with their graphics. There is a sudelty about the brand, and a comfort. There is a quiet confidence about the product, a comfort of having the product in your home. It doesn't overwhelm the home environment, it just compliments it.
If you've seen the Kleenex commercials, you are familar with the 'Let it Out' campaign. If not, take a look.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gf7lQ9b6cZQ&feature=related

The ad really hits home with people, it does a bang up job of creating an emotional bond.
I remember being really impressed by the commericals, they aren't overdone or in-your-face about the product. They just make you feel better watching one!
I believe I can improve my individual projects especially if I just have a main selling point. Its really hard to tell a story without a main character, and that translates quite well for design too. You've got to have a focus or the story (or design) will go nowhere fast. So, I need to make sure I have a key driver, and then a few sub points.

No comments:

Post a Comment